Meet the seal and the sheep – two animals that have played a big part in Iceland’s survival for centuries. The Icelandic Seal Center guides you through the life and biology of one amazing marine mammal, while Kidka wool factory, the biggest of its kind in Iceland, gives you chance to unravel the interesting art of modern day wool production.
- Tour of the Icelandic Seal Center
- Taste a local delicacy, harðfiskur (dried fish), and see the drying sheds
- Guided tour of Kidka wool factory
- Shop at factory prices at Kidka wool factory
- Entry to the Icelandic Seal Center and Kidka wool factory
- English-speaking guide at Kidka
- Taste of locally made harðfiskur with butter
This unique tour gives you a different perspective on two of the animals that have been crucial to the survival of Icelanders throughout the ages – the seal and the sheep. Get to know these two amazing animals. After an interesting look at modern day wool production at Kidka, you’ll be keen to try on a few of the high-quality wool products available at factory prices.
Provider 1: Kidka Wool factory – guided factory tour
Provider 2: Selasetur Íslands – tour of Icelandic Seal Center
Duration: 1.5 hours
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / +354 451 2345