A quarter of Iceland’s harbour seal population and some of Europe’s largest seal colonies call the Miðfjörður fjord home. Set sail from Hvammstangi Harbour to see these inquisitive creatures at close quarters. Back on dry land, you’ll take a guided tour through the life and biology of these amazing water-dwelling mammals, at the Icelandic Seal Center.
- Seal and Nature boat tour
- Guided tour of the Icelandic Seal Center
- Visit to the handicraft Gallery Bardúsa and Trade Museum
- Dinner at Sea Side Restaurant, overlooking the Miðfjörður fjord
- English-speaking guide for boat and Icelandic Seal Center tours
- Coffee and cake on board the boat
- Two-course dinner (main and dessert) prepared using local produce, at Sea Side Restaurant
- Waterproof ponchos and binoculars for the boat tour
- Visit to handicraft Gallery Bardúsa and Trade Museum
Take a peek into the everyday life of the harbour seal – Iceland’s most common and charismatic sea mammal.
Boarding a restored, traditional Icelandic oak boat, you’ll head out onto the Miðfjörður fjord, which is home to some of Iceland’s largest seal colonies, and part of Húnafloí bay, where a quarter of the Icelandic harbour seal population work, hunt and play.
Back on dry land, you’ll take a guided tour of the Icelandic Seal Center, to learn more about seal habits and habitats, and the part they’ve played in Iceland’s heritage. A walk across the harbour leads you to Bardúsa Gallery, brimming with quality, local handicrafts – and great gift ideas. There’s a chance to visit the Trade Museum too, and you won’t have far to travel for dinner. Sea Side Restaurant is located right above the Icelandic Seal Center. Sit down to a beautiful two-course dinner overlooking stunning Miðfjörður fjord.
Provider 1: Sealwatching / Selasigling – Seal Watching tour
Provider 2: Selasetur Íslands – tour of the museum
Provider 3: Sjávarborg, Sea Side Restaurant – 2-course dinner (main and dessert)
Provider 4: Bardúsa – tour of the Trade Museum and handicraft gallery
Duration: 6 hours
Contact: email@example.com & +354 451 2345