See the hardy Icelandic horse in action, at this spellbinding horse show. Known for keeping the rider comfortable with its smooth motion, this wonderful creature is famed throughout the world for its ability to travel long distances over difficult terrain. Watch the horses perform all of their wonderful skills while you enjoy a chef-cooked dinner made using local produce.
- Meet and greet the Icelandic horse
- Watch a fantastic Icelandic horse show
- Enjoy a chef-cooked Icelandic meat and fish barbecue using local produce, with dessert, or vegetarian alternative
- English- or German-speaking guide
- Outdoor or indoor Icelandic horse show
- Chef-prepared barbecue dinner
- Visit to the horse stables to meet and greet the Icelandic horse
Learn about the Icelandic horse in the beautiful surroundings of North Iceland, with a unique opportunity to meet the stars of the horse show.
Begin your experience on the breeding and training farm, Gauksmýri, in Húnaþing-vestra, a region that’s famous for horse breeding. Take in beautiful views from its hillside location all the way to the highlands of Iceland. You’ll meet the Icelandic horses in the stables here, finding out about their many characteristics and traits.
Step onto the patio to watch the horses parade their five gaits, and witness a range of riding styles. The show goes on come rain or shine thanks to the farm’s indoor display arena.
You’ll then make your way to the farm’s gourmet restaurant where you’ll sit down to a moreish selection of grilled Icelandic meat and fish – with a delicious dessert to follow. A vegetarian alternative is available.
Provider: Gauksmyri Lodge – horse show and dinner
Group size: 15+
Duration: 2.5 hours